Well, I am not just trying toÂ just pickÂ on the Emerging church (especially since I am always being accusedÂ of being a part of it!), but I wrote the originalÂ ten as twenty. I did not want the last ten to go to waste. In fact,Â I think theyÂ may be better than the first ten!Â
10. You start a Christian blog, but leave it blank, fearing that you might offend someone.
9.Â You are not any good at art, yet you continue to present the Gospel by painting stick figures on recycled paper.
8. When you present the Gospel, Heaven is renamed The Matrix and you call yourself Neo.
7. Your church caters from Whole Foods.
6. Every sermon illustration begins with â€œThe other night I was drinking a beer and . . .â€
5. Your website links to Green Peace and the Democratic National Convention just because conservatives are against it.
4. You brag that you have never been pinned down theologically on any issue.
3. You will not hire a pastor who has NOT been divorced.
2. You donâ€™t worship on Sundays because everyone else does.
1. You evaluate truth by asking how many people hold to it. If it is too popular, then it is wrong.