Tim Kimberley joined us at Credo House for Coffee & Theology recently to dispel common myths around Santa Claus.
If you like the movies which cover the “origin story” of your favorite superhero you’ll enjoy this video.
The real Santa Claus bears little if any resemblance to the St. Nicholas of church history.
As with so many aspects of church history the reality of who St. Nicholas was far more inspiring than the modern conception of a jolly fat man who gives presents to everyone.
Episodes of Coffee & Theology are only made available in the members’ area of Credo House online. We’ve made an exception for Christmas.
Santa Clause and Christmas Articles
Christmas is the biggest holiday in America (measured economically). Beyond it’s economic impact it’s also a time when Christian families set aside time to reflect on “the reason for the season”.
- Deeps Songs of Christmas – Hark the Herald Angels Sing
- Too Cool for Christmas
- The First Christmas – Myths and Realities
- An Early Christmas Present
- Some Jews, Gentiles, and Random Thoughts About Christmas
- The Offense of Christmas
- Should Christians Play Santa (2013 | 2008 | 2006)
- Top 5 Christmas Cliches #4 – Those Cute Little Angels
- Top 5 Christmas Cliches #5 – Who Really was Santa Claus?
- Why the Santa/God Parallel Does Not Work for Atheists but Does for Theists
- Belated Twelve Days of Calvinism
- Merry Christ-miss from the American Humanist Association