1. “Battle of Wits”: Princess Bride
2. “No its not, where is the snow?”: Elf
Could not embed this so here is the link.
The best is his face after he says “Where is the snow.” It is that look like, “I got ya!”
3. Its too late to apologize: “Gone with the Wind”
Again, no embedding available for this, but here it is.
4. “Don’t rob me of my hate; its all I have”: Count of Monte Cristo
What a great scene illustrating the letting go of bitterness. “Don’t rob me of my hate. Its all I have.” For some of us, our hate is all we have. What a terrible life to live.
5. “Now let’s grab a bite to eat”: Naked Gun
The whole first 3min here is great, but the mains scene comes at 2:55 when Franks says, “now let’s get a bite to eat.”
6. “I don’t want to get married”: Its a Wonderful Life
7. “A Red Day” Theoden’s speech: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
No embedding here either. Here is the link. It comes at 2:15 into this clip. What a great call for death. Inspirational. “Ride for ruin and the worlds end! Death! Death! Death!”
8. “You Like me because I’m a scoundrel”: Empire Strikes Back
9. “They may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom”: Braveheart
10. “I’m a miracle man”: Signs
NOTE: This comes just after Mel Gibson asks whether his brother (Joaquin Phoenix) believes that the worlds events are representative of miracles of God or random meaningless consequences.
Great philosophical scene with a classic illustration.
What do you think? Did I get it right? What did I leave out?