Here are many reasons that I have seen that can cause us to doubt our faith. Notice, that just about all of these (if not all of them) are emotional struggles, not intellectual.
1. Feeling overwhelmed by life’s struggles, pains, and loss and not seeing God’s presence in them.
2. Struggling to understand why bad things happen to good people.
3. Feeling like God is silent or distant and aloof from me emotionally.
4. Being constantly exposed to criticism of Christianity from the media, Internet, friends, and family.
5. Feeling like my prayers are either unanswered or answered with a deafening silence.
6 . Not feeling connected to a church or Christian community as much as I used to.
7 . Not seeing the spiritual transformation in my life that I had hoped for when I became a Christian.
8 . Having a faulty understanding of theological or biblical doctrines that lead me down the wrong path.
9 . Not feeling the joy in my faith that I used to have, and feeling disconnected from the Scripture passages that once brought me so much peace and hope.
10 . Doubting whether God is real or if He really cares about me personally when He seems so distant and removed from my life at times.
Please feel free to contact me if you are struggling. It is very hard to do alone. Here is my work number: 405-410-3039. Text me. Don’t worry about this. We can get through it. This is what I am called to do.