1. I am judgmental about not being judgmental. What is up with that? Does that make any sense?
2. I am compulsive in everything. This is my strength and weakness, but I wish that I could just turn it off when I need to.
3. No matter how many times the Lord comes through, I am always anticipating the worst. I think this is because of my sister and my mother.
4. I talk down to my wife and it is a habit that is so hard to break. I am sorry Kristie.
5. My back is always hurt these days. When your back is bad or goes out, it effects everything! (Did I say everything?)
6. I am a people pleaser. I think it is fine to want people to like you, but it is really hard for me to say the hard thing when it needs to be said. You know . . . “the wounds of an friend thing.” I am like David. I have such a bad past that don’t feel qualified to shoot straight with people. But the irony is . . . see #1 and #4.
7. I, so often, want to run off and hide from my responsibilities. I identify with Homer Simpson who, on the day of his exam which he had not studied for, said “Its okay. I am just going to hide underneath these coats and everything will be alright.”
8. I feel so inadequate to deal with people emotionally. I am just not there. I am not very tender at all. Oblivious and dismissive. Those are good words to describe me emotionally many times. This affects so much. Boy, I used to get it from my sisters and mom about this. Now I can see it effecting my girls. But, this may be a man problem.
9. I cannot fix people’s problems and I don’t know how to handle it (see #7). I could not fix Angie and now I can’t fix my mother or father. Why is there such longevity in struggles? Haven’t we learned what we need to learn? I am just so tired when I go there. (And tomorrow is my day with mom).
That is all I can think of now.