Reclaiming the Mind Ministries is finalizing the details about a new nine week course that will be offered on the relationship between Science and the Bible (taught by Robert Bowman). I am really excited about this seeing that there is not much out there that is available that is fair and balanced.
Question for you: We are either going to teach this as a Summer course or a Fall course. The summer would on Monday or Tuesday nights starting the first week July going for nine straight weeks. The Fall would begin the first week of September and also be on Monday or Tuesday evening. For those of you who might enroll, which would you prefer?
(The cost to take this with Rob in a live online setting going for a certificate will be the usual $100. We will probably have many scholarships available depending on donations.
It will also be available for free on MP3 at the usual places when the course is complete.)
Here is the tentative schedule:
1. History of science (Copernicus, Galileo, Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Hawking)
2. Revelation and the philosophy of science (general v. special revelation; realism v. nonrealism in science; how science changes; models for relating science and theology; naturalism)
3. Models of creation and evolution (young-earth and old-earth creationism, theistic evolution, atheistic and pantheistic evolution)
4. Genesis 1-3 and creation (Genesis 1:1 and creation ex nihilo; age of the earth and universe; origin of life and its diversity; origin of the human race; historicity of the Fall)
5. Genesis 4-9 and creation (the genealogies and the antiquity of the human race; the nature, extent, and universality of the Flood; interpretations of the Flood and of geology)
6. Creation in the rest of the Bible (wisdom literature [Psalms, Proverbs, Job]; Romans 5 and 8; creation and its consummation in biblical eschatology)
7. Physical sciences and creation (origin of the universe, fine-tuning and design arguments)
8. Biological sciences and creation (origin of life, arguments for and against macroevolution, ID)
9. Human sciences and creation (origin of human race; mind-body problem and modern brain science)
Help us out!