We are giving away TWO sets of Craig Blomberg’s Credo Course on the Historical Reliability of the Gospels on DVD.
Contest End this Friday at Midnight!
We will let you know by email if you won.
The Canonical Gospels Attacked and Defended
The Canonical Gospels are constantly under attack. Some claim that they’ve been copied from earlier myths and legends. Others allege they can’t be depended on for historically accurate information. Still others argue that scribed changed the text so that we no longer have what the authors wrote. How should Christians respond to these claims?
Dr. Craig Blomberg is the author of The Historical Reliability of the Gospels. In this Credo Course Dr. Blomberg addresses the allegations against the Canonical Gospels one at a time while affirming the historic Christian faith.
This course contains 30 sessions over six DVDs covering all aspects of this topic:
1. Widely Held Myths About Ancient Sources
2. The Formation of the Canon and the Choice of the Synoptic Gospels
3. Books Not Included: The Contents of the Apocryphal and Gnostic Gospels
4. The Text of the New Testament and Especially of the Gospels
5. The Translation of the New Testament and Especially of the Gospels
6. The Authorship and Dating of the Gospels
7. The Reliability of the Oral Tradition (Part 1)
8. The Reliability of the Oral Tradition (Part 2)
9. The Composition of the Synoptic Gospels
10. The Literary Genre of the Gospels
11. Archeology for the Gospels
12. Non-Christian Evidence for Jesus
13. The Apocryphal and Gnostic Gospels Further Evaluated
14. The Quests for the Historical Jesus
15. Why Such Diversity Exists and the Criteria of Authenticity
16. The Most Authentic Parts of the Synoptic Tradition
17. The Resulting Identity of Jesus
18. Problems of Harmonization Among the Synoptics
19. Problems of Harmonization Between the Synoptics and John
20. The Reliability of John (Part 1)
21. The Reliability of John (Part 2)
22. A Fourth Quest for the Historical Jesus
23. The Knowledge of the Jesus Tradition in the Early Epistles (Part 1)
24. The Knowledge of the Jesus Tradition in the Early Epistles (Part 2)
25. The Unique Problem of Miracles (Part 1)
26. The Unique Problem of Miracles (Part 2)
27. The Virginal Conception: Nativity or Naiveté
28. The Resurrection: Fact or Fiction
29. The Jesus We Never Knew
30. Summary and Conclusions