I wanted to take some time to let you know of the significant and immediate financial needs of our ministry.
Some of you have been involved with us for some time and some of you are just making your way around. I am glad that you are involved. Your interest and involvement make the lives of us who work for Reclaiming the Mind Ministries full of more joy than you can imagine. I am committed to our mission of making a significant cultural impact by making theology accessible. My desire when I started this ministry was to bridge the gap that exists between the seminary and the pew. I have much hope that our ministry can make a significant impact in the lives of so many. We had over two million hits to our website last month alone. The testimonies of life change are incredible. I just spoke to a thirty year old young man who told me that he was on the verge of leaving the Church out of confusion and discouragement. Our ministry, he told me, has brought him back to a place of hope and excitement. So much so, he is considering going to seminary. I have many testimonies exactly like this every day. They literally overwhelm me.
At the same time, we at Reclaiming the Mind Ministries need to meet our significant financial needs that are always before us. Just to give you an idea of what it takes to run this ministry, let me give you a few insights into our budget.
1. The Theology Program is reaching people and churches all over the world. We are amazed at the amount of people whose lives are being changed through this ministry. While we charge $100 per student to take each course, this barely touches the actual functioning costs. On average, our costs are about $500 per student. This means that $400 is being covered by donations. Consequently, in order to make one semester possible, online and in our local campuses, our costs are close to $150,000, with $50, 000 coming from tuition. We need significant ministry partners to come along side us to make each semester possible. If you believe in The Theology Program, please join us in making each semester possible.
2. Converse with Scholars is a ministry that seeks to connect the average person with the greatest Christian scholars in the world. Converse with Scholars has been going now for a little over a year. We have brought to your home over twenty top scholars over the last year and plan on doubling this number in the next eight months. Each broadcast costs RMM about $2,000 to host and produce. Our desire is to continue on with this ministry, but we need partners who will sponsor these broadcasts through their support. Please consider joining us in bringing these scholars to people’s front door.
3. Theology Unplugged is a podcast ministry that gives people all over the world access to theological issues in a way that is focused on the plight and perils of the postmodern confusion that has overwhelmed Christianity and evangelicalism. We have recorded over 50 broadcasts that are reaching people in dozens of countries every day. Our irenic approach has refreshed thousands of confused Christians and given seekers and skeptics a new way to look at Christian theology and apologetics. Theology Unplugged has so much potential to help people take their first step, getting them involved in all the ministries of RMM, but not without a cost. We need partners so that this ministry can grow and begin to realize its potential.
4. We also have many projects. We are in the process of translating our materials into other languages so that those all over the world can benefit from this ministry. We also are actively creating a program of theology for children so that parents will have a resource that goes beyond the general principles of the Christian faith, but walks children through issues of apologetics and theology in a compelling and entertaining way. As well, we have a ministry to those who are entering into college in the works. We desire to prepare them for the theological and biblical challenges that they will certainly face once they move away from home.
5. Along with this there are the administrative costs of the website, design, software, computers, and the like.
I want you to know that I have great confidence in our mission and competence of all those involved. Lord willing, we will be able to move forward in a significant way.
All of this to say that we desperately need ministry partners like you. If you are benefiting and believe in what we are doing please join us in a significant way. Please consider what the Lord may be leading you to do in partnering with us. Please understand, without your partnership, this ministry cannot succeed.
If you would like to talk to me about this more, please email me and we can get in touch. Or, if you would like to partner with us now, please go here and make a donation. If you would just like someone to contact you, please send an email here and someone will get in touch with you.
For those of you who benefit from our ministry and make our joy in service possible, thank you!
President, Reclaiming the Mind Ministries